SOME THINGS BRESEE INSISTED UPON:
- Be on time.
- Start your services on time.
- Make announcements brief.
- Always give an opportunity to seek the Lord.
- Have the people fill in the front seats first—leave back seats for latecomers and strangers.
- Come to the service prayed up.
- Take part in the song service.
HOW BRESEE PREPARED HIS SERMONS:
- He studied each morning (Saturday was his day off).
- He wrote out his notes—which he seldom used.
- He went to bed on Saturday afternoon with his sermons—to soak in them.
BRESEE’S ADVICE TO CONGREGATIONS:
- He encouraged them to say, “Amen,” out loud. (It boosts the preacher.)
- He encouraged them to clap their hands when they sang.
- He urged everyone to put life and enthusiasm into the service.
- He often said, “Please do not sit there like a bump on a log—consider yourself a part of the service.”
- Always rally around the altar for prayer when there are seekers.
- Pray the glory down.